harpcolumn

Pedal harp rental in London

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Pedal harp rental in London

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laure Genthialon
    Participant

Hello!

I will come next year to study at the Guildhall School of music in London and as I come from France and can’t bring my own harp, I am looking for a pedal harp to rent so I could practice at home. Is anybody knows where I could find one?

Thank you very much for all yours info!! =)

Tacye
    Participant

Morley, Pilgrim, Hollywell Music, Affairs of the Harp.

niina
    Participant

The first thing I would do is see how many harps are in the Harp dept at Guildhall. Then find out at what time does the dept /College close. The RCM now close at midnight to allow Harpists to practise longer.

If Guildhall close early, and you need a harp at your lodgings to practise I think Geraldine McMahon at Affairs of the Harp might be the best bet for renting, as Holywell don’t rent Concert Harps and Morley are very expensive. You should be able to get one via Affairs of the Harp for about ÂŁ100-120 per month although most might not be new or in tip top condition. Bringing yours over from France would be an option, but unless you have two harps; one to keep at home on holidays, you would have to make the trip about 8 times a year. And that could be much more than hiring one here.

Good luck

Niina

Laure Genthialon
    Participant

Thank you very much for all these informations!!

I’ve contacted Affairs of the Harp and I am waiting for an answer. I hope they will be able to help me because I can’t bring my harp in London (as you said, it would be too expensive as I have only one harp..)

Thanks again!

Laure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies