harpcolumn

New/Old Style 15

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories New/Old Style 15

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jzydek
    Participant

I posted this earlier, but it didn’t show up, and I have no idea why. I bought this Style 15 last summer. It was made in 1957. I cleaned it up, restrung it gently bringing up the pitch as there were 5 broken strings on it when I bought it and it hadn’t been played in 10 years at least. (The owner developed MS and stopped playing.) I took it to Tom Bell in Akron, OH in August. He disassembled it pretty much, refinished it (not the soundboard of course) and gilded it. Then he added the crown I took to him to install, restrung it with my new strings and regulated it. This is the SWEETEST sounding little harp, and it rings forever and the sound carries for such a small harp. I just love it to pieces…..finally got my pretty gold harp. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    balfour-knight
    Participant

What a beautiful harp! Tom Bell is wonderful–he is my harp tech of choice. Thanks for posting this.

Have a great Harp day,
    Balfour

Sylvia
    Participant

Same thing happened to me last week…posting and it not showing up.
    My 15 is a good deal newer, born in ’71, but I agree. Beautiful and beautiful sound.

Harper10
    Participant

Wow! It shines! Absolutely stunning work! Congrats on having this beautiful treasure back. Thanks for sharing. 🙂 I just purchased a Style 15 myself. It had been sitting in a home for many years. I can wait to slowly start replacing the strings on it and hear it’s voice one day soon!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Congratulations, Harper 10, on your pedal harp purchase! It is so good to know what Tom Bell could do with your harp if you ever decide to go in that direction.

Best wishes,
    Balfour and Carol Lynn

Harper10
    Participant

Thanks so much, Balfour! 🙂

The gold gilding takes this harp to the next level. It’s breathtaking! I’m excited for you and your harp adventures with this golden beauty!

jzydek
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Tom does a really wonderful job on my harps. What he did to this one is over-the-top as far as I am concerned. He did just a beautiful job. He can do it all — regulate, adjust, gild, finish…..all of it, and it sounds as beautiful as it looks, too. Tom is about 4 hours from me, but he’s worth the drive.

Harper10, congratulations on your pedal harp. I think a 15 is a really nice harp. This one rings on forever…..seriously lovely.

Briggsie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies