harpcolumn

New Harp – how long does it take for the pedals to loosen up a bit?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories New Harp – how long does it take for the pedals to loosen up a bit?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tanyanoel
    Participant

I purchased a new harp (Camac Athena) about 6 or 7 weeks ago (and I love it!!!!!!) and the pedals feel nice, but are not as loose and easy to move as older well played harps of the same model. My teacher said that is normal for the pedals of a new harp to be stiffer than an older one.

My question for you all is how long would you say it takes for those pedals to break in? I practice 2 hours daily at the moment. And it is worth me saying that the pedals are not hard to move and feel pretty nice as they are, just not as smooth and easy to move as the harp I take lessons on (same model MUCH older).

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I would contact a Camac rep and ask. As well, you may want to contact the harp tech who services harps in your area and ask. One of my harps when bought new was great but the other one badly needed a regulation right after I received it; probably due to the stress of shipping. Once regulated the pedals were fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies