harpcolumn

New harp-and-voice songs

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing New harp-and-voice songs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angela Biggs

Hi folks,

Ever since I took DHC’s Blues: Harp Style class a couple of years ago, I’ve been writing songs here and there. I just debuted two of them at a local Good Friday service last week, and I’m working on recording them now. I put one up on YouTube yesterday: Come Down.

Honestly, none of my friends like my original music, so please don’t click in expecting something fantastic — but I’m putting this up in case there are any of you out there who play and sing who might be interested to see what someone else is doing.

Harp and voice were recorded simultaneously with a single Shure SM58.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Angela, your piece is perfect for a Good Friday service and you have a good voice, too. I admire anyone who can play and sing simultaneously. Love your name Mrs. Angelala. Thx for sharing.

Allison Stevick
    Participant

Angela, that was lovely! Thank you for sharing with us.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That was beautiful Angela. Very meditative as well. Please us know when you release your recording 🙂
    All the best,
    Elizabeth

I’d love to be able to write songs like that, it sounds great! I’m a beginner (just got my first harp yesterday!!) and my aim is to be able to accompany myself singing, so it is wonderful and really interesting to be able to see how you accompany your voice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies