harpcolumn

Music for double strung harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Music for double strung harps

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andelin
    Participant

Hi! I have a student who recently bought a double strung harp. Where are the best places to get sheet music for double strung harps?

Also, what are the main advantages of double strings? My first instinct was to play it like a regular harp, but I want to see it as a separate instrument, not just a “modified single strung.” (Does that make sense?). I want to help them get the most out of it, to find where it really shines. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hi, Andelin,

You may want to contact Carolyn Deal, southeasternharps.com in Asheville, NC. This website has a lot of information about double harps and music for them. E-mail her at smilingharp@gmail.com for more detailed information on music she sells for double-strung harp. This is her specialty!

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Balfour

Biagio
    Participant

Carikyn has published some tings but I would suggest as well Laurie Riley who is and was the early master of the modern double. She has published a number of boos and DVDs about the double (I think her “introduction” is also on Youtube).

The double allows for several unique techniques and effects which both Laurie and Carolyn demonstrate; other than that one lays it exactly like a single once your eyes get used to seeing two rows.

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hi Biagio! I thought you would let Andelin know about Laurie–thanks so much, my friend!
    Best wishes,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies