harpcolumn

Musescore vs. Finale PrintMusic vs. Sibelius First, and Scanning Abilities

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Musescore vs. Finale PrintMusic vs. Sibelius First, and Scanning Abilities

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Elettaria

There are definitely ways of entering music in MuseScore which speed things up.  I’ve just copied in a four page piece, transposed it up a fourth for lap harp, and put in a few changes, in a fairly short time.  You use letters and numbers for entering notes, and since music is based on repetitive figures, you can do a lot of copying and pasting, including pasting a figure and then moving the pitch up or down a bit and perhaps changing a note or two.  Although it threw a hissyfit when I copied a section which kept changing between 3/4 and 4/4 without putting the correct time signature changes into the blank measures before pasting into them, so I won’t do that again.  It’s an Andres piece, so involves various less common techniques, different note heads and so forth, but to be honest I haven’t written them all out in detail as I know it well enough not to need “sons xylo” or “sons pinces” written over every single phrase it applies to.  I still haven’t worked out how to put accented letters into the text, though.

Elettaria

Although I would love to know how to put in lever changes in MuseScore so that they look like the way Anne-Marie O’Farrell does it.  Has anyone figured that out yet?

Edit: I think I may be onto something with that.  You need to have Voice 4 available, which it usually is.  Use Voice 4, make sure it’s a black undotted notehead (e.g. a crotchet or quaver), put it in place, and delete the rests.  Make sure you have the Inspector panel visible, then select Voice 4 only and you can edit them as a group.  The first thing you want to do is tick “stemless”.  I am currently experimenting with different colours vs. differently shaped noteheads.  I’ll get back to you later, but here is the one I’m working on at the moment.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.