harpcolumn

Minkus “Don Quixote” Pas de Deux and/or Asafiev “Flames of Paris”

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Minkus “Don Quixote” Pas de Deux and/or Asafiev “Flames of Paris”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rosalind-beck
    Participant

Would anyone who has played either of these care to comment on their degree of difficulty? Thanks!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi there.It´s deadly easy,there are an easy hp solo to Dulcinée on score

There are different orchestrations; I used to play in a ballet orchestra for six years, and I saw two, and I have heard another. There is one that has a difficult solo harp part, but another one gives most of the notes to the strings and the harp has an easy part. At the AHS Convention in San Francisco, Olga Ortenberg Rakitchenkov played the solo from the Don Quixote Pas de Deux absolutely brilliantly.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

It finally dawned on me to look these up at Youtube. What an extraordinary resource on the Web this has become. Both works are there, performed by numerous ballet companies.

I knew Olga’s uncle and aunt, and recently noticed she was once one of the rare harpists to win a gold prize at the Geneva musical competition.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies