column

Mideast Harps

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Mideast Harps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    S M
    Participant

I don’t understand why everyone keeps saying that harps made my

Mideast Manufacturers are so inferior.

S M
    Participant

I meant “by” Mideast Manufacturers, not “my.”

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Possibly you were one of the few, the lucky, the minority who get one
    of these harps that is not a total monstrosity.

S M
    Participant

Okay, maybe I am one of the lucky few.

S M
    Participant

Ahhhh!!

unknown-user
    Participant

Your question about calluses:

S M
    Participant

Okay, but I still think your amount of experience qualifies more than the person who responded to me previously.

Tacye
    Participant

Inferior- ‘of low(er) quality’

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Sorry hon, but I’ve been playing musical instruments for over 41 years and there is absolutely no question that the mideast things are of vastly inferior quality.

S M
    Participant

First of all, I didn’t mean to be “complaining” about it; I just wondered why so many people seem to be so terribly against them.

Vastly inferior quality, yes, as compared to $5-10,000 “real” harps. But people like me don’t need superior quality right from the start. And I’m no 41-years-of-experience musician, so, for the beginning, a subsitute for the better thing is fine.

You apparently (I refrain from “obviously”) didn’t research thoroughly enough; I don’t think you should be basically guaranteeing people that there is no warranty when you don’t even know for sure. (Not hearing back from them does not provide a conclusive “no.”)

I’m still not convinced that they’re junk. Like you said before, you get what you pay for.

unknown-user
    Participant

I never had a problem with one of my harps that involved the warranty. I couldn’t say how well the company honors them.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Sweetie, I’m comparing them to harps in the same price range and of the same size, not multi-thousand dollar pedal harps.

S M
    Participant

There is goes…”obviously.” “Some things aren’t as obvious as you seem to think.” I will TOO listen, and do, but maybe you don’t; it seems as if you sift through the positive information and only ever talk about the negative side. You could at least mention that some people HAVE been satisfied with them, and stop being so condescending about it. But, of course, that’s your own choice. I guess I’ll just have to be your unexperienced, unreliable, opinionated opponent. : ) (just kidding)

HAVE you listened to those sounds clips or noticed the professionals who use Mideast harps?

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Find me one single professional who uses a Mideast harp.

S M
    Participant

Okay…Victoria Lynn Schultz (wrote “You CAN play the harp” for players of these harps) and Lisa Lynne (wrote “Enchanted Garden”, owns a Mideast harp). As far as actual performance situations, first of all, I’ve never said Mideast harps are great for performing with, and second, Victoria Lynn Schultz “performs” in the video clip that’s been mentioned before.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.