harpcolumn

Merlin R harp vs Marion StoneyEnd

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Merlin R harp vs Marion StoneyEnd

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

Well, I can see why you didn’t care for Triplett that much! Actually, I think that the Merlin has the strongest individual character of any of the harps I’m looking at.

Hi Debbie,

I

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I saw your ad, Anna, and was strongly tempted. But you said “must be picked up in person,” and you live quite a few states away from me. (VA/FL)

kay-lister

Hi folks,

Just to let you know, the Merlin was sold to one of the above posters.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

It was a year ago Saturday that my dad died.

Karen Choo
    Participant

Zen, I think heard a clip of your Bourree on the blevins website. It sounds amazing. I agree with you that the Merlin is a wonderful harp. I tried it at the Somerset harp festival this year. The sound and feel of the strings were lovely and unforgettable. I have never tried a Blevins lap harp and I’m interested in buying one. The pictures on their website are beautiful. I’m thinking of the Cameo 26 because I need it to be small. Have you tried it? How is the string tension and string spacing on your Bouree. Similar to your Merlin? i bought a Fisher Eireann at Somerset. It’s string tension is a little bit higher than the Merlin but I absolutely love it. If you can give me helpful comments about the Blevins lap harp, that’d be great. thank you, Karen

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies