harpcolumn

MARIA GROSSI Method for harp / SPIRAL BOUND

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories MARIA GROSSI Method for harp / SPIRAL BOUND

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lily-White
    Participant

Hi,

“Method for harp” or “Metodo per arpa” by Maria Grossi (with 65 Easy & Progressive Little Studies):

Does anyone know if this book exists in spiral bound format? I heard it exists, but cannot find it anywhere. Preferably in Italian, but the English edition is OK as well. 🙂

Thank you and kind regards,

Lily

Ann Lobotzke
    Participant

It’s very easy to take a copy of the Grossi to a copy center like Fed-Ex and ask them to spiral bind your book for you.

Lily-White
    Participant

I asked the editor, and the book doesn’t exist spiral bound (in case anyone else is interested).

Thank you Ann Lobotzke for your kind reply. I have ordered the book and will have it spiral bound for me. And a couple of other books as well, while I’m at it! 🙂

– Lily

Ann Lobotzke
    Participant

You’re welcome. I have most of my collections spiral bound.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Dear Lily-White,

If you want an etude book that is spiral bound, look at my Bochsa Revisited, published by Carl Fischer Music. You can find it in a number of places, including my web site http://www.swansonharpcompany.com. You can even print out examples of a number of the etudes and try them out to see if they fit your level of playing. Lastly, there is a version for pedal harp and another version for lever harp. Both are spiral bound.

Carl Swanson

Lily-White
    Participant

Hi Carl,

Thank you, I already have your book! I ordered it from your website a while ago. It felt a little difficult at the time, so now I have both books, yours and the Grossi. 🙂

There’s a big difference in approach from what I can see. Your book looks more fun to play, while Grossi might be a little bit boring. On the other hand, Grossi is for all levels. And I love to play arpeggios and stuff, so maybe I’m a little boring too! 😀

I will try both of them and see which one I prefer. I will also have a chat with my harp teacher about which one she recommends for me right now. And one doesn’t exclude the other, at least in the long run…

Kindly,

Lily

carl-swanson
    Participant

Hi Lily,

The thing that I love about the Bochsa etudes is the variety of patterns. Each etude is built on a different pattern, and playing different patterns until you have muscle memory for that pattern is how you build technique. The one deficiency- and this is true of virtually all 19th century etudes- is that they are all very right handed. The left hand can phone in its notes! That’s why I wrote an “etude variation” for each of the original etudes that puts all the technical material into the left hand, thus giving both hands an equal workout.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies