harpcolumn

Manhattan School of Music?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Manhattan School of Music?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    janie-kesselman
    Participant

Hello!

My daughter got into Manhattan School of Music, and we were wondering if anyone out there went there recently who could give us some inside info to help with choosing the right school… The other great choices are USC Thornton School of Music, Carnegie Mellon School of Music, and Bard College Conservatory, all quite different from a school that just does music…

Thanks for whatever insights you may have!
    Janie :0)

Janie, I hope that graduates of those schools you mention will post their experiences here. My parents chose a conservatory for me and it was just the right choice as I was very happy there, but everyone leaving high school may have varying other abilities besides music that are also important to them. Your daughter is unique so be sure that together you sort out together the place she will spend at least the next four years. Best plan would be finding out whether there is a dormitory for students (none at Juilliard in the 1940’s; a rooming house ruled that school

In my book, the most important thing is which teacher will the student study with, not which school. With which teacher will the most be learned?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies