harpcolumn

Magistretti Technical Exercises

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Magistretti Technical Exercises

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

What do other people think of these?

Magistretti was at one time a major Italian pedagogue. I don’t know his exercises. Some of his works seems good, not much different from other harpists of the period. I wouldn’t seek them out.

The best single set of exercises I know is the Conditioning Exercises of Carlos Salzedo, which you can use for all of your life.

Lorenzo Montenz
    Participant

Luigi Maria Magistretti (Milan 1887-Milan 1956) was pupil of Angelo Bovio, the most important italian harp teacher of his age.

After his degree in the Conservatorio of Milan Magistretti started an internetional career as soloist and in the 1910 he was appointed professor at the Klindworth-Schwarenka music school in Berlin. With the beginning of the first WW he had to come back in Italy. After the end of the ww he started again his concertistical activity.

He pubblished the 51 esercizi giornalieri and a Tema e variazioni dai capricci di Paganini.

He pubblished the studies of his teacher Angelo Bovio.

Mel, I have the Magistretti Daily Exercises for Harp (Pub. Ricordi. 1928) and they are good, BUT VERY DEMANDING. On page 7 he is showing sliding tenths, which would

There are also many divisions of Ricordi, in different countries, each owned separately, as I understood.

Are the Bovio etudes not old enough to be in the public domain?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies