harpcolumn

Looking for Used Harp Books by Pamala Bruner for Budding Harpist

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Group Forums Parents of Young Harpists Looking for Used Harp Books by Pamala Bruner for Budding Harpist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    harpduck
    Participant

Hello,

This is my first post, so if this is inappropriate or the wrong forum, let me know and I will either re-post or remove.

My 16 year old daughter has finished Pamala Bruner’s Level 1 “Play the Harp Beautifully!” lesson book. My daughter started the Level 1 this summer (2018) and now needs the Level 2 lesson book, and would love a to purchase a used one.

She’s played piano since she was 7, so she’ll probably move thru Level 2 pretty quickly, so if anyone has Level 3 in the same series as well, I’m interested in that too.

I have looked on many typical sites that might sell used books and can’t find any. Perhaps people love their old books and don’t want to part with them? But I just found it unusual that there are not any used Pamala Bruner Lesson books floating around for purchase….

Many Thanks if anyone has either Level 2 or 3 of the Pamala Bruner series “Learn to Play the Harp Beautifully?,” and is willing to part with it for a good used book price, I’d love to hear from you.

Many thanks!

Harp Duck Mom!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by harpduck. Reason: more information
    David Kitamura
    Participant

I found that harp instruction books are such a particular kind of resource that you have to go out of your way to find them even when new, let alone used. When I was looking for this set myself, I only came across one used copy and it was for Level 1, over a year ago on eBay.

I realize you already have Level 1 in this case but would suggest working with Hobgoblin Music’s “Play the Harp Beautifully Full Set” since it’s a fairly good value for what you get: http://www.hobgoblin-usa.com/local/sales/g/600-050/harp-books/

You’ll get the books for Levels 1, 2, and 3, a 2-DVD video set meant to follow along Levels 1 & 2, and also the Performance Gems book supplying additional repertoire that tests skills learned from Levels 1 & 2 up to the respectively labeled chapters plus a CD of that music as played by Pamela.

Orders at Hobgoblin $100 or above ship for free, so you might be able to arrange something with them directly if you don’t want an extra copy of Level 1.

Biagio
    Participant

I have a copy of Level 3 which she is welcome to have – just let me know your address.

Levels 2 and 3 cover the same things you would find in any other beginning-intermediate student books: inversions, minor keys, harmonics etc. I’d highly recommend Kondonassis’

On Playing The Harp

Biagio

harpduck
    Participant

WOW, how kind of you, Biagio. I sent you an e-mail with my address.

Also, I will tell her teacher about your recommendation. Thank you!

If anyone needs Pamala Bruner’s Level 1 “Play the Harp Beautifully!” lesson book (gently used) for free let me know and I will send it to you; I want to “pay it forward” for the generous offer from Biagio of sending his Level 3 book to my daughter! How generous the Harp community is. We’re glad to be a part of it.

harpduck
    Participant

Hi David, Thank you so much for the resource, I had not yet heard of Hobgoblin, even in my on-line searches I didn’t pick it up. So thanks, it really helps to be plugged into the community! I’m glad I found this site!

Biagio
    Participant

Hi again Harp Duck,

Well, I have not received your email did it get bounced back? I don’t really understand how the Harp Column edits for such things as eamil but here it is (let’s hope they allow it to come through):

bas dot pnw dot harper at gmail dot com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies