Looking for Used Harp Books by Pamala Bruner for Budding Harpist

• Participant
    Harp Duck on #221647

Hello,

This is my first post, so if this is inappropriate or the wrong forum, let me know and I will either re-post or remove.

My 16 year old daughter has finished Pamala Bruner’s Level 1 “Play the Harp Beautifully!” lesson book. My daughter started the Level 1 this summer (2018) and now needs the Level 2 lesson book, and would love a to purchase a used one.

She’s played piano since she was 7, so she’ll probably move thru Level 2 pretty quickly, so if anyone has Level 3 in the same series as well, I’m interested in that too.

I have looked on many typical sites that might sell used books and can’t find any. Perhaps people love their old books and don’t want to part with them? But I just found it unusual that there are not any used Pamala Bruner Lesson books floating around for purchase….

Many Thanks if anyone has either Level 2 or 3 of the Pamala Bruner series “Learn to Play the Harp Beautifully?,” and is willing to part with it for a good used book price, I’d love to hear from you.

Many thanks!

Harp Duck Mom!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Harp Duck. Reason: more information

Participant
    David Kitamura on #221660

I found that harp instruction books are such a particular kind of resource that you have to go out of your way to find them even when new, let alone used. When I was looking for this set myself, I only came across one used copy and it was for Level 1, over a year ago on eBay.

I realize you already have Level 1 in this case but would suggest working with Hobgoblin Music’s “Play the Harp Beautifully Full Set” since it’s a fairly good value for what you get: http://www.hobgoblin-usa.com/local/sales/g/600-050/harp-books/

You’ll get the books for Levels 1, 2, and 3, a 2-DVD video set meant to follow along Levels 1 & 2, and also the Performance Gems book supplying additional repertoire that tests skills learned from Levels 1 & 2 up to the respectively labeled chapters plus a CD of that music as played by Pamela.

Orders at Hobgoblin $100 or above ship for free, so you might be able to arrange something with them directly if you don’t want an extra copy of Level 1.

Participant
    Biagio on #221671

I have a copy of Level 3 which she is welcome to have – just let me know your address.

Levels 2 and 3 cover the same things you would find in any other beginning-intermediate student books: inversions, minor keys, harmonics etc. I’d highly recommend Kondonassis’

On Playing The Harp

Biagio

Participant
    Harp Duck on #221759

WOW, how kind of you, Biagio. I sent you an e-mail with my address.

Also, I will tell her teacher about your recommendation. Thank you!

If anyone needs Pamala Bruner’s Level 1 “Play the Harp Beautifully!” lesson book (gently used) for free let me know and I will send it to you; I want to “pay it forward” for the generous offer from Biagio of sending his Level 3 book to my daughter! How generous the Harp community is. We’re glad to be a part of it.

Participant
    Harp Duck on #221760

Hi David, Thank you so much for the resource, I had not yet heard of Hobgoblin, even in my on-line searches I didn’t pick it up. So thanks, it really helps to be plugged into the community! I’m glad I found this site!

Participant
    Biagio on #221763

Hi again Harp Duck,

Well, I have not received your email did it get bounced back? I don’t really understand how the Harp Column edits for such things as eamil but here it is (let’s hope they allow it to come through):

bas dot pnw dot harper at gmail dot com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.