harpcolumn

liability insurance

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists liability insurance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    susan-koskelin
    Participant

Unless they have started again, Anderson no longer offers liability either. Here is a copy of an e-mail from Anderson that I received from them when I inquired about liability a few weeks ago. I have had to turn down two jobs lately because I was not willing to get the insurance. I decided to try and find out about the cost just in case this trend continues at other wedding venues.

Here is a copy of what we sent to our customers when our carrier suddenly withdrew from the market on March 27, 2010 effective April 22, 2010. I have not as yet had success in finding a viable and competitive option however do have another couple of carriers that I am reviewing to see if they might be a fit. This has been very discouraging and extremely expensive with the withdrawal of our market.

Here is a copy of our communication…

Effective April 22, 2010, your performance liability policy is being cancelled by our carrier, Entertainment Brokers International (?EBI?). EBI has withdrawn its performance liability insurance program for all of our policyholders effective April 22, 2010.

We are already at work seeking new options. Performance liability insurance is a misaligned, misunderstood, and often very high priced product. We hope to find a suitable replacement carrier with the right pricing and coverage as soon as possible. We will let you know right away if we are successful!

I apologize for this unexpected development. Liability insurance is a highly sought after and much needed option for performing musicians these days and we very much want to find an affordable policy and terms or our customers.

Should you have any questions, or hear of a program that we should consider for our customers, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 781-926-0680 or by email to panderson@anderson-group.com.

Attached is our check returning your unearned premium and policy fee a pro-rata basis cancelling your coverage effective April 22, 2010.

Thank you for your business. In the interim if we can be of assistance in offering a quote for your musical instrument insurance, I am confident that you will not be disappointed!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Susan.

susan-koskelin
    Participant

I really hate it that this does seem to be becoming a trend in our area.

lynne lockwood
    Participant

Thank you for your response harpists. The deal is two million general liability required for Marriott’s, Trumps and various other hotels/resorts. The general quote I received is $425-450.00 per year for the policy. So you work “for free”for a job to pay for the policy, and hope other venders require your certificate so you feel better about paying for it! You pay for the liability, and name the hotel/resort as a beneficiary. They get notified that they’re named on your policy. Annoying.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies