harpcolumn

L&H Style 23 or Style 11 or Salvi Iris

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories L&H Style 23 or Style 11 or Salvi Iris

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    leonard-lim
    Participant

Thank you so much for all the insights!
    Isn’t it really awesome that we have so many great harps to choose from nowadays? Do keep the comments coming, please!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Thanks, Leonard! I figured that if we were TOO far “off-topic,” you should be the one to tell us, since you are the one who started this topic, ha, ha! So, Gretchen, just “get a grip,” my friend! You are certainly entitled to your opinion about bench height, but I know how I was taught and what feels comfortable to me at my age, with arthritic shoulders, knees, etc. Just to check it out, I cranked my bench up a little higher this week, and all the old pain started up as usual, and I could not reach my bass strings as well, which I love to play MUCH! So, I put the height back down to about 19″ (I am 5′ 6″) and I played for about two hours more without additional pain. So, to each his own!

Back to the topic, Leonard, have you experienced the new Camac line of pedal harps? The Atlantide Prestige is my favorite, along with the Canopee, which was newly exhibited at the November 2017 Camac Festival in Washington, DC. The Camacs are much lighter on the shoulder, and also the height of the shoulder end of the harp is lower than other brands of pedal harps. Camacs also seem to universally have a brighter tone than L&H and Salvi, if you like that tonal quality. The overall weight of a Camac Concert Grand is less than other brands, also, the Atlantide being about 77 lbs. compared to the 90+ lbs. of most others. This makes for much easier moving, you know!

I agree that it is wonderful to have blogs like this and the availability of all different kinds of harps and information to choose from. I guess I have said too much here, but I always enjoy reading what others have posted. Hope all of you have a wonderful day, my friends!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Oh, Balfour, we’ll let the bench height go. Ha, ha, your arthritic body probably just needs lots of padding on a bench. Whatever works. Speaking of harp brands there is also Horngacher, Venus and Aoyama.

balfour-knight
    Participant

Ha, ha, Gretchen! I do like lots of padding on the bench in my old age! Did you all read about Venus stopping their pedal harp production in favor of repairing existing harps? Of course, they say that one can still order a custom-made harp from them. I have a good friend who still prefers her Venus over all other brands of harps, and indeed, it is a great harp!

Cheers to all of you,
    Balfour

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies