harpcolumn

lever harp regulation training

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists lever harp regulation training

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    frank-pianki
    Participant

Could anyone recommend any training lasses for lever harp regulation in Indiana (online or in person)? I have a copy of “Trouble shooting your harp” but I’d also be interested in any college courses, workshops, youtube videos , DVD’s and/or hands-on apprenticeships. thanks Frank

Frank, either put the name Karen Rokos into your search engine, or go to

frank-pianki
    Participant

Who is the certification body? Is it L&H? I hear this term Certified Harp Tech. quite often but I’m unclear as to whether there is one certification body or numerous…similar to accreditation in universities. thanks!

william-weber
    Participant

What is your objective, Frank? To become a go-to tech who can regulate levers for others? I would expect that to entail a study of the half dozen or so different levers: Performance, Camac, Loveland, Jordan, Universal, and so on. And you’ll have to ask each customer how old the harp is because if it’s not settled yet they may be wasting money.

A certification body may be connected to a school for luthiers who make harps. You might, however, especially if you ask L&H, end up with the certification body for those who regulate pedal actions, with their discs and forks, a bit overkill for an aspiring lever technician.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies