harpcolumn

Lap harp and carry-on?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Lap harp and carry-on?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cassandra sciortino
    Participant

I am taking a harpsicle to Stockholm, flying with SAS (Scandinavian Airlines); the dimensions for carry on are slightly lower than the harpsicle which is marketed as an item suitable for carry-on (overhead bins).

Harpists who have traveled with this light and darling little harp–any experience? Words of wisdom?

Thank you so much,

Cassandra Sciortino

alishia-joubert
    Participant

I am interested in this as well. Anyone have experience with any type of lap harp as carry on?

It seems to me like I heard Tina Tourin talk about flying with harp as a carry on once.

Seoid OC
    Participant

Well I wasn’t flying with SAS and I don’t have a harpsicle but I do have a little harp by another maker that’s almost identical and flew with three separates airlines without problems (one trip return – Aer Lingus, Singapore Airlines and Tiger airlines). I actually didn’t check the carry on requirements but I would think you’d be ok as long as it’s not Ryanair…. I also padded the case out with some clothes to give a bit of padding and put it in the overhead bins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies