harpcolumn

Just poking around…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Just poking around…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ann reid
    Participant

I’d love a picture of the mature Micheline Kahn.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Nicanor Zabaleta and Harpo Marx.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Maybe some of the French readers could think about this one. Back around 1906 or so, the young Pierre Jamet was taking private harp lessons from Alphonse Hasselmans. Hasselmans was not charging the family for the lessons. So Pierre Jamet’s father Henri, who was a very good impressionist painter, painted a 3/4 portrait of Hasselmans. The only photograph that exists of it is a black and white. I have no idea where the protrait went. Pierre Jamet thought that it went to the United States with Louis Hasselmans, who was an opera conductor. But I did some research years ago and actually tracked down some people who knew Louis Hasselmans and who had been to his house, and no one could remember seeing the portrait.

Hasselmans daughter Margarite was the long time mistress of Faure. I don’t know if she kept the portrait and what would have happened to it. So anyone with any ideas as to how it could be tracked down: I’d love to hear from you.

darth-mom
    Participant

on the web and found this:
    Rare-1915-Wurlitzer-44-string-Concert-Harp
    Gee, Carl, I didn’t know you were hiring – or did you buy out Howard Bryan?!
    It makes you wonder where people get their information.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Boy did he get his names mixed up! He never contacted me about anything, so I don’t know why Swanson Harps is mentioned there.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

[Sigh.] What a lovely harp!

darth-mom
    Participant

It certainly is a beautiful harp.
    I thought the way he mentioned “Howard Bryan of Swanson Harps” was too funny to ignore!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies