harpcolumn

Irritating pieces!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Irritating pieces!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sharon O
    Participant

I’m an advanced beginning/low intermediate harpist and just discovered this forum – how fun to read thoughts and tips from other harp lovers! Anyway, the other day I was putting together a list of my pieces, along with the key they’re in and how many levers to throw, and there it was:

[i]That[/i] piece!

“Lark on the Strand” or “Trip to Sligo” – I really like the melody, but it is just an irritating piece to play! It just has this awful tendency to make me buzz a lot (even my teacher said she has trouble with buzzing with that piece!) I’m about ready to toss it out of my repertoire, but my repertoire is already so slim …

So anyway, it just made me wonder – do any other harpists here have a piece that they like but is just irritating to play?

Sharon O
    Participant

(ps – I’m new here – can we edit our posts? I don’t see an edit button. I was trying to put italics on a word, but it didn’t work, so I wanted to edit out the italics tag. )

catherine-rogers
    Participant

You can’t edit your posts, but you can preview them in case you wish to edit before you post.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

And use html instead of bbcode ( the < symbols instead of brackets).

Sharon O
    Participant

thank you! :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies