Irritating pieces!

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Sharon O on #156936

I’m an advanced beginning/low intermediate harpist and just discovered this forum – how fun to read thoughts and tips from other harp lovers! Anyway, the other day I was putting together a list of my pieces, along with the key they’re in and how many levers to throw, and there it was:

[i]That[/i] piece!

“Lark on the Strand” or “Trip to Sligo” – I really like the melody, but it is just an irritating piece to play! It just has this awful tendency to make me buzz a lot (even my teacher said she has trouble with buzzing with that piece!) I’m about ready to toss it out of my repertoire, but my repertoire is already so slim …

So anyway, it just made me wonder – do any other harpists here have a piece that they like but is just irritating to play?

Participant
    Sharon O on #156937

(ps – I’m new here – can we edit our posts? I don’t see an edit button. I was trying to put italics on a word, but it didn’t work, so I wanted to edit out the italics tag. )

Participant
    catherine-rogers on #156938

You can’t edit your posts, but you can preview them in case you wish to edit before you post.

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #156939

And use html instead of bbcode ( the < symbols instead of brackets).

Participant
    Sharon O on #156940

thank you! :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.