harpcolumn

iPhone app for an electronic tuner??

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists iPhone app for an electronic tuner??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    janet-king
    Participant

I’m looking for advice for a good tuner app for the iPhone.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Cleartune or iStrobosoft.

brook-boddie
    Participant

I use Cleartune, and it works very well.

kreig-kitts

Ditto on Cleartune.

tony-morosco
    Participant

I also use cleartune and istrobosoft.

To my

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I use the Peterson app. Try plugging in your earphones that came with the iPhone and let the microphone dangle inside the soundbox if you’re having trouble, this acts as a pick up mic. I noticed that Peter Wiley (the harp doc) uses his phone to tune harps when he regulates now…

diane-michaels
    Spectator

Do tuner pick-ups like the Matrix work as an external microphone for an ipod touch with either of these apps?

kreig-kitts

Barbara Brundage talks about tuner

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Yes, with something like the little cable from Peterson they work fine.

jean-mac
    Participant

Just to clarify:

barbara-brundage
    Participant

You can use the apple earbuds with mic, the jellybean mic, or any mic you can attach via a cable like the one from peterson or one of the other more expensive cables like the iRig. I used my regular old clip on pickup or the cable from the built-in pickup on my harp that had one.

(Later ipods do have a mic built in, but it tends to hear everything, so I still would use an external for this–it’s not like the mic in the iphone.)

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Janet, I read the posts on this. I was intrigued and decided to try some tuning apps on my iPod Touch 4th generation.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Rosiland,
    Clear tune also is automatic. At the center of the round dial is a little lock icon. It looks like half a lock actually.

If it is red you have to set the dial to the note you want. Tap it and it turns white. Then it will automatically center on the tone like the others.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Thanks, Tony.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Update:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies