harpcolumn

Interesting article on harp therapy for animals

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Interesting article on harp therapy for animals

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

There are many Sonatas by Sporh, and also Krumpholtz for harp and violin, and a nice piece by Vieuxtemps, too.

Hannah, if you can modify the (piano) accompaniment, playing fewer notes on your harp,

michelle-winston
    Participant

I saw this on another site and it made references to having worked with cows and “high strung” animals.

unknown-user
    Participant

Very interesting. And since mentioning the puppy, I have checked on his siblings, one was given away by the lady who got him as ‘unmanageable’ another ran away from his owner, yet ours’ is snuggly and wussy, the older dog snapped at him this evening, and although he is much bigger than her, he ran up to me, basically going “Mummy, Mummy, she snapped at me” which is better than having a dog-fight. He walks in the fields and woods with no leash and (most of the time, well, some of the time) comes when called, and will (reluctantly) curl up in the studio when I am painting and will knock the tubes of paint over, but that is what puppies do. I feel more sure that hearing me practice has helped, I also sing (hence the nickname) and I wonder if vocal excercises have any effect on animals, good or bad.

Warm regards

Christine

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies