harpcolumn

How to find new posts to forum topics?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Website Issues and Feature Requests How to find new posts to forum topics?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    billooms
    Participant

With the new format of the web site, is there a way to quickly find new posts on the forum? The old web site listed newest posts and when they were posted so you could quickly find new posts. Now it seems that I have to browse through all the categories. Can you please fix this?

carl-swanson
    Participant

I agree with you completely Bill. The home page to me seems disorganized. It reminds me of a post-it board in a laundromat, where messages are posted helter-skelter all over the place. First and foremost, on the home page, I think there should be a date on each of the news items prominently displayed. As it is now, I have to open the news item to find out when it was posted. If I click on the Israel Competition on the home page for example, it takes me to another page with 7 articles about the competition, with no date for each article next to the title. I have to click on each article and then scroll down a ways to find out when it was posted. For something like the Israel Competition, where a series of news items are going to be posted, having the date would help clarify the order in which new items appeared. I think that a date (day, month, and year) should appear along with any headline so that we know how old or how new that article is.

Hi all:

Thanks for the input. We are continuing to tweak the forums and we’ll add “new replies” back to the sidebar.

Sorry you’re not a fan of the homepage Carl :-). If you click on the post title, rather than the category, it will take you directly to the post. I’ll try to make this clearer.

—Kim from Harp Column

balfour-knight
    Participant

Thanks, Kim, for adding “new replies” back to the sidebar. I love the new format! Thanks for everything you do for us, all the time.

Best regards,
    Balfour

Alison
    Participant

The problem is that new replies go missing then turn up and then go missing again ! Very frustrating.

Last night (4/27/22) I made a reply to topic “Will orchestras accept any form of the Rainbow series from Salvia?” and then it wasn’t visible. Today (4/28/22) I couldn’t see it at first, then it appeared so I edited it to add in 2 URL links and now it has disappeared again. Please investigate as I noticed and logged this behaviour a few months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.