harpcolumn

HOW LONG?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play HOW LONG?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I remember thinking, when I had played the harp for ten years, how well I could play. I really had mastered the instrument. When I had played the harp for twenty years, I remember thinking, how well I could play. I had really mastered the instrument. The same thing happened after three decades. Now, after four decades plus, I REALLY HAVE MASTERED THE INSTRUMENT AND REALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY! Guess what I’ll be saying at fifty years, I hope.
    P.S., It’s exactly the same with pieces you learn. You’ll really know them after 20-30-60 years.

Alison
    Participant

Your cup is always full then – are you saying that lists of pieces Never-Started and Never-Finished don’t exist ? I am simply relieved to be able to learn pieces that were previously way beyond me, it’s thro’ reading Harp Column that I began to understand just how long they take to bed-in, perfect and revise.

It seems like learning new pieces is getting more difficult, but improving old ones is getting easier.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies