harpcolumn

Hooray for Harpywood!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Hooray for Harpywood!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Harp Museum
    Participant

Everyone is invited to “Hooray for Harpywood” with David Ice. A wonderful presentation about how the harp has been used in films and TV.

It is funny, educational, interesting, and you don’t have to be a harpist to think so!

Sunday, January 29, 2012, 3:00 p.m., Broadway United Methodist Church, 406 E. Amelia St., Orlando, FL 32803.

Admission is free. Donations, which benefit the International Harp Museum, are gratefully accepted. Don’t miss it…you’ll be glad you attended!

Reception to follow.

IHMinfo@InternationalHarpMuseum.org

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I’ll be there.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

It was fun. There’s more than you imagined to putting music to a film. Lots of examples. What I knew instinctively but never put into words: some of the finest and most precise words-to-music relationships to be found in Tom and Jerry cartoons. Also one of the most amusing scenes in SINGING IN THE RAIN where the actress who has a hopeless voice has to attempt to match her face to the dubbed competent singer: I saw that when it first came out and my father remarked, “Eine Stimme wie eine rostige Gieskanne” (a voice like a rusty watering can).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies