harpcolumn

Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    david-crabtree
    Participant

Go to You Tube Music.

HBrock25
    Participant
    cyndee-casey
    Participant

Hi Daniele, I have owned a Heartland Infinity 36 string harp since Spring of 2011.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

These posts are very helpful! I’ve just ordered an Infinity for use in my classroom in California during the school year, and to use with my 26-foot commercial fishing boat during my summers in Southeast Alaska. It should arrive later in April. I also have travelled with a 22-string Lyra, but I really needed something with more range. My home harp is an L&H 85P.

Does anyone here have experience with flying with this harp? I am wondering how to pack it, while flying with Alaska Airlines. I already know the drill with float planes.

I really looking forward to the addition of this harp to my fleet! Thanks again for all the helpful posts!

Tonie

david-crabtree
    Participant

The infinity has a rod that comes out of it that goes to the floor as a stand.

david-crabtree
    Participant

Because of weight and age Heartland harps are no longer building wooden harps. Theyn have 3 carbon fiber harps and plans to build one carbon fiber pedal harp.

david-crabtree
    Participant

You should have bought one.

daniele-di
    Participant

Well, I`m glad I went do Edinburgh to try one.
    I think the infinity or the legend may be good as a second harp…but not at that price.

I`m still absolutely NOT an expert, but the sound was sooo inferior to the wood one.
    It was near all the Dusty Strings harp, and when someone was playing a wood one, the legend-infinity were not audible at all.
    I didn`t liked the sound very much , and I was ashamed because I really wanted one of those harps.

I didn`t had any problem about the weight and stability, it fits to the ground pretty well.

In UK the infinity is priced 6000ÂŁ…from my point of view is worth no more than ÂŁ2000

That`s just a beginner point of view

david-crabtree
    Participant

I could not tell the difference between any of the harp samples on Heartland Harp site.

sylvia-o
    Participant

My Delight harp arrived just before Christmas.

Gillian Bradford
    Participant

I’m actually quite surprised these harps cost more than a wood harp. Yes I understand the material may be expensive but they are moulded, not handcrafted. So the basic harp (sans holes and hardware) is made in about a days worth of labour. Compared to say weeks of cutting and sanding wood. They should actually be a bit cheaper. I think I can live without a carbon fibre harp for now.

Heartland Harps website now looks a bit soul-less to be honest. And the moniker “handcrafted harps since…’ seems a little out of place with something that is obviously modern and plastic in appearance.

david-crabtree
    Participant

The molds to make the harps are very expensive and have to be replaced after a certain number of harps are made.

I think the machines that “bake” the harp are pretty expensive as well.

diana-day
    Participant

I have to wonder how long it will be before someone else starts making carbon fiber lever harps, which might affect their price.

angel-tx
    Participant

Judging from the lack of competition in CF non-harp string instrument market which is much larger,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies