harpcolumn

Harp & Soul

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp & Soul

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

You know, I’ve had my love affair with this marvelous instrument for a bit over 5 years now. Although it was most definatley a passion for many, many years before we actually met.

unknown-user
    Participant

Wow, even though I haven’t started playing the harp yet I just KNOW I’m going to feel exactly the same way. It’s no wonder angels are always depicted playing them! They really are heavenly instruments.

unknown-user
    Participant

Actually, a thought just came to me. I am writing a novel and my main character plays the harp (so that I can experience it through her!) and I just realized I centered the most important scene in the entire book around her playing it. I just couldn’t think of any other way to capture the particular emotions I wanted to convey.

Just so this makes a little more sense, the book is about a couple who get divorced a few years after marrying, regretting it for 12 years after the fact, and then are unknowingly set up by a mutual friend at her wedding. My main character, the wife, is playing the harp at the ceremony–just one song (Schubert’s Ave Maria during the candle lighting) to make it all the more special–while her ex-husband is watching her play from the pew, seeing her for the first time in all those years, and she doesn’t even notice he’s there until she finishes the song, looks up, and sees him sitting there with tears in his eyes. It makes me want to cry every time I think about it!

Kay, I sure do. I lean my right cheek against the soundboard sometimes…..sometimes I actually give it a tiny kiss after I play something that goes really well. I am finally getting to a point in my playing where I can just listen to the music and let it really sing, and my harp seems to really enjoy that.

I am off for the summer now, and I look forward to days and days of gardening and playing my harp. I also look forward to a week away, but I will surely miss my beautiful Big Daddy.

June

unknown-user
    Participant

I, too, lean my face against the soundboard and give it a kiss sometimes.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I had a great relationship with my Prelude, but had to trade it in to get my Style 85GP. I was a bit tough, but

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Sometimes I just like to sit there with my harp leaning against my shoulder…it just feel so right there!

unknown-user
    Participant

Though I do not kiss

unknown-user
    Participant

Ah, sometimes only a good cuddle will do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies