harpcolumn

Harp Maintenance: Camac vs. L&H

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp Maintenance: Camac vs. L&H

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Thanks, Philippa, for attaching the link to the beautiful Casavant organ! I love their organs, especially the fine one at Appalachian State University where I did my Master’s Degree in music way back in the 1990’s. It was so good to see the stop list and photos of this large tracker organ, and I am so glad you have heard it played many times.

Having studied piano, harp and organ very extensively all these years, I know what you mean about trying to keep up with more than one instrument. I sort of concentrated on one at a time, but kept up with the others throughout the whole process, somehow, ha, ha! Maybe you will have the time and inclination someday to add organ, even just enough to gain some understanding of playing it and a good exposure to it.

Thanks again for sharing your videos with all of us.

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

If you are located in an area where regulation will not be possible, or rare, then you should probably look at Salvi harps. I’m not sure if the 85 series are sturdier than other Lyon & Healy harps, though they look it. You’re still going to have to change pedal felts every few years or so, and all the strings. I can’t speak to Camac harps, except that one friend of mine has had serious trouble with hers, and I don’t like how they sound.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies