harpcolumn

harp arrangement for iconic guitar hit, “Classical Gas”!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire harp arrangement for iconic guitar hit, “Classical Gas”!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I obtained permission from Mason Williams, composer of the 60’s pop hit, “Classical Gas”, to arrange his guitar tune for harp for publication. I have published it under my professional name. Use this link for more information http://harpimages.com/News.html
    or contact me!

jsmoir
    Participant

Also-freakin-lutely great! Of course, I’ll never be able to play it, but that piece was THE piece that led me to investigate classical music, which then led to my entire career in music. What a GREAT connection. Congrats.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

jsmoir,

Thank you!

It’s great that “Classical Gas” made such an impression on your life! I remember it being the first guitar tune that piqued my interest. I was 10 years old when I first saw Mason Williams perform it on the “Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour”. I fell in love with the song then and never forgot it.

How did the harp come into your life?

jsmoir
    Participant

I think it must have been SB or Glen Campbell, where I saw/heard Mason William’s song.

I’m Celtic. I always wanted to do something exotic like the harp, but was too timid… so I became an Opera Singer, instead?@!?

Anyway, learning curve aside, I am enjoying playing harp now. thanks.
    Maybe even someday I’ll perform ‘with harp and voice.’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies