harpcolumn

Harp and Library

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp and Library

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Just kind of a funny thing….I have a relationship with my local library, so when they said they were trying to round up gifts for the kids in the summer reading program, I offered a free beginner’s harp lesson. One of the ensembles I play with has done several performances there, and I left my inexpensive Pakistani at the library

tony-morosco
    Participant

Honestly it doesn’t surprise me. Kids love the harp. Sometimes it seems that adults try not to even notice it as they don’t want to seem too interested in such a unique thing. They like to keep the air of everything seeming common place to them.

But kids don’t hide their interests and attention very well. The biggest issue I have when playing in public are the number of kids who want to touch the harp.

And boys no less than girls. At a young age they haven’t been indoctrinated with the insane notion that some instruments are for girls and others for boys yet.

Any way, it sounds like it will be a great experience, both for the kids and for you and your fellow harpists who are giving the lessons. Well done.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Thanks for your kind words Tony.

I’ve had a similar experience. It is the parents who balk.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies