harpcolumn

Harp and Cello cd recommendation

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp and Cello cd recommendation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

Does anyone have any suggestions for cd’s that have

a lever harpist and a cellist? (only those two instruments please).

I’ve come across a few with pedal harp but would like to find one or two cd’s

that feature the lever harp with a cello.

Thanks for your time.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

One of my friends, Martha Gay, recording a cd of nothing but lever harp and cello.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

Actually, it just occurred to me that if you just want the tracks with cello parts I can tell you which ones they are, and you can download the mp3s without buying the rest of the cd.

deb-l
    Participant

hi Karen, most of the harp and cello tunes that don’t include other instruments are classical, and played on a pedal harp.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kim Robertson has a CD called “Gratitude” which has either lever harp solo or lever harp and cello on each track.

unknown-user
    Participant

Kim Robertson’s Celtic Christmas II is comprised of all harp and cello duets,
    beautiful album, highly recommended.

j-valentine
    Participant

Paul Baker has a CD called Celtic Harp: the Quiet Path

It is just harp and cello

Cello is played by Peggy Baldwin

Paul uses his Dusty Strings FH36

Simon Chadwick
    Participant

I’m suprised no-one has mentioned Cheyenne Brown (lever harp) and Seylan Baxter (cello) – their CD “2:forty” is available on their website http://www.celloharp.com

andy-b
    Participant

Rhett Barnwell and Seraphim Music have a couple of CD’s, but they are not only harp and cello. One is celtic harp, cello and soprano, and the other is celtic harp, cello and other instruments and voices. You could email them and ask for some clarification on how much other instrumentation is included. Rhett is a very nice person to work with.

Stephen Conor
    Participant

Yeah, they are mostly seen or heard in classical songs. I had this one chance to watch harp and cello instructors played together and it sounded so great. Never thought these two instruments would sound good together.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies