harpcolumn

GUILT TRIP

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists GUILT TRIP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

I hadn’t had a lesson in a month due to vacation and again another “mini” vacation after that.

unknown-user
    Participant

Interesting how you said that a month away from the harp made you feel so awful…. my mind works the other way round actually…. Twice a year, generally when I really feel that I’v reached my physical and mental limit, I take two whole weeks away from the harp, even if I’m at home, I just tune it in the morning, and that’s it…. And when I return, somehow everything seems to be better… Same goes with piano…

Kay I don’t really agree with you on the idea of half an hour each… There used to be a time where I used to divide a work in 8 sections, and then study an hour on each section.

carl-swanson
    Participant

As a teacher I’ve been down it many times. Life sometimes gets in the way of good intentions. The best way to get back on track is to just go in for a lesson, figure out where you are and what you need to work on, and move on from there. Stop beating yourself up!

kay-lister

THANKS GUYS!

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this- sometimes if I’ve neglected weekly practice, my next lesson is BRILLIANT. Haha! I think, I’ve finessed it and no one will know I’ve slacked off……..but oh my, what happens at the lesson following.

I’m not wishin’ it on yuh Kay-

unknown-user
    Participant

I agree with you, Esmeralda, that taking a break from the harp is actually a good thing.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Sherry…I’ve sometimes experienced what you have, but it’s usually when I’m kind of at an overloaded point anyway.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Glad for you dad Audrey. Isn’t wonderful how much we get from the harp? Take some time to get back in, and maybe you can figure out some way for it to go the next time you visit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies