harpcolumn

Gliere Impromptu

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Gliere Impromptu

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Aziliz Harp
    Participant

Thanks for this topic, it helps a lot!
    I am working on Glière impromptu and I have another technical question about this piece, maybe it is a silly question but for the final (6 mesures before the end) how do you replace your fingers for the notes which are reapeted (G A C F and D E A C) to avoid noise and have a regularly sound?
    Do you replace first the 4th and then the other fingers, or both 4th and 3rd and then 2nd and thumb? Do you change hand between each chord?

Here are a few suggestions that I keep in mind while playing the Gliere. Generally the buzzing is caused by messy hand/finger placement so that is where I would start. Any excess movement such as sliding down the strings after you have placed your fingers is more than likely adding to the buzzing factor. When you’re placing the chords in the opening make sure your second and third fingers are pointing down and the angle is parallel with the strings. Your fourth finger and thumb will stretch horizontally to reach the outer notes without greatly changing the position of the second and third fingers. Always open your hand wider than the span of the chord you are playing so you can simply close your hand to play the chord rather than trying to stretch and place while you are playing. If you have smaller hands and cannot place all the notes in the chord at once than make sure the only digit that is not placed and the very beginning is the thumb, allowing you to pivot from your second finger as you roll the chord adding the thumb after you have played your fourth finger.
    The last thing I would suggest is watching the video of Isabelle Moretti on youtube and watch the way she places her hands/fingers. Her interpretation is spot on and the cleanliness you are looking for is there. Here is the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSeRGzk_nU&playnext=1&list=PL985AFB5AD9E2A912&feature=results_main

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.