harpcolumn

Feerie – glisses?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Feerie – glisses?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

In “Feerie”, is it standard to finger those fast scale passages, or are they done as glissandi? One of my students is learning it for the AHS competition this summer. If it weren’t for the competition, I would just tell her to gliss those passages.

unknown-user
    Participant

Being a competiton… I would go for fingering, if it will not cause technical problems, which will then make it look worse… it might be the right edje over the others maybe, however musicality is a bit more major

unknown-user
    Participant

they are fingered-not glissed

Thank you so much, Esmeralda and Sarah!

I think they sound much better fingered, but should be as smooth and bouyant as a gliss.

unknown-user
    Participant

On the same theme… do you finger or gliss the passage in the Iterlude of Debussy trio sonata… i have seen people doing it differently… personally i finger…it gives me better control of the tempo and better for the flutist and violist entries.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Those too are fingered. And while we’re on the subject, so are the arpeggios on the last page of the Danses. Fingered arpeggios have a completely different sound from glisses, and Debussy knew very well what he wanted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies