harpcolumn

Fantasy Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Fantasy Harp

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Mia, I can see why this is your dream harp–so gorgeous!

emma-graham
    Participant

Mia, the 11 is an absolutely beautiful harp. I really really wanted one rather than a 23 when I knew I needed to move up to 47 strings from my lovely 17. They aren’t very common in the UK so I never thought I would get one. Bizarrely, when I decided to sell my 17 one of its previous owner’s pupils contacted me because he really wanted it. He shocked me by saying he had an 11 to sell. We swapped!!!! (I paid a bit extra of course!) But it just goes to show that dreams can come true when you least expect it.

Sid, there is a blue Salzedo model similar to your dream. I think your version would look even more stunning.

Angela Biggs

I’d love to get a Heartland Infinity. It would be so useful. I’m married, and we have family in five different directions, none less than two hours away. My husband’s family’s “vacation” of choice always involves camping… plus all of the small children… I lose a lot of practice time in the summer because it’s too dangerous to take my harp with me. Then there’s the area we live in, where people have no experience with harps and aren’t willing to let my harp have what it needs. I’m specifically thinking of the time I tuned in a 43″-tall piano box. A carbon fiber harp would fix those problems. For a pedal harp, a Swanson La Scuola. I’ve never actually seen one, but the descriptions I’ve read sound just right.

eliza-morrison
    Participant

Emma and Sherj, I contacted Natalie at L&H about the re-issued 17. They have built three of them; one is on its way to the festival, the other two are for sale, each priced at $35,000. The finish is bubinga with bronze. So beautiful! Much too much of a splurge for me however.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Eliza, have you seen pictures of the commemorative 17’s? I can’t find them anywhere.

emma-graham
    Participant

Sherj, I posted a pic of the 17s but the new forum layout doesn’t seem to support them or let you attach them. I’m going to try to post a link but it might not work!

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/goldenharp1/0761ABD8-D75F-4871-934F-903369BB23B3_zpsztvtuh1w.jpg

emma-graham
    Participant

Well that took a few goes but it looks like I got there!!

eliza-morrison
    Participant

Thanks for your efforts, Emma! Wow, the 17 is really beautiful. And 47 strings!

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Thanks Emma! They are pretty, but I thought Bubinga was very, VERY heavy. Heavy or not, they are still quite pretty. Just FYI, my girlfriend Donna owns a Style 17, bought very shortly after mine, and hers is one of the 47 string 17’s. Sherj

mia-strayer
    Participant

I’d love to have the Venus Classic Concert harp in cherry &
    natural because thats the one my harp teacher has & it sounds
    as good as it looks
    But… Unfortunately it’s too big & too heavy for me
    Still I just love the sound of that harp
    BTW has any one herd the style 11 gold harp in concert
    or on CD I’m just curious

emma-graham
    Participant

Mia, I have the style 11 gold. Mine is 38 years old. She sounds beautiful in my opinion. She isn’t as loud as my 23 (which is new) but the tone quality is totally even right up through the top octaves, which isn’t always the case with other Lyon and Healys I’ve played. It is beautifully clear and bell like.
    They are heavy though (not as heavy as a Salvi or a Venus but heavier than the 23) and very tall! Certainly not the easiest harp to travel with!

mia-strayer
    Participant

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok now I want a style 11
    But… Unfortunately I’d flat as a pancake if I had that harp
    But it would match my necklace

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.