harpcolumn

Downton Abbey event

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Downton Abbey event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rurfer

I will be playing for a Downton Abbey dinner and cocktails in January. I am looking for a harp arrangement for the theme song (not too hard given the short lead time) and suggestions for other appropriate music to play during the event. Thanks

Andelin
    Participant

I know it has been a while and this comment may be too late, but hopefully it will help.

You could look up downton abbey music on musescore.org. You can print straight from the site or download the free software to make changes to a score.

sophiegrafharp
    Participant

Also late but perhaps helpful for future gigs…

I learned this piano suite that includes all (most?) of the recognizeable musical themes throughout the series. It’s pretty playable, except that the LH eighth notes are tiring and not very comfortable on harp. I edited to play them when necessary but drop to quarter notes or take notes in the RH when possible. Not fun, but doable. People do enjoy how recognizable it is, especially for the first page or two. There’s some beautiful “sweeping English countryside” half note stuff near the end too for a break!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies