harpcolumn

Deb, any news…………

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Deb, any news…………

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

Don’t be discouraged about the levers, Deb. That’s a pretty leverish piece, so it’s not surprising you find them challenging. Just keep at it and you’ll get them. It helps to practice just the left hand with the lever changes and to try to always get them in exactly the same place in the measure (otherwise they don’t easily get into your muscle memory).

shelby-m
    Participant

Wow…. I’m so jealous!

deb-l
    Participant

thanks for the advice Barbara, that makes a lot of sense, the same way using consistent
    fingering builds muscle memory.

Donna O
    Participant

Deb,
    Just a word of caution.

deb-l
    Participant

Donna, thanks so much for the warning about the crown.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS, Deb!!!

I’m so glad everything worked out well and you received your L & H without any problem.

WOW!!

deb-l
    Participant

thanks so much Leslie.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

It sure sounds like you did indeed find your harp at last!

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Deb,
    I purchased my dream harp (a Prelude 40) in March of 2010 and by July had broken 13 strings, which Lyon & Healy replaced for me

deb-l
    Participant

thanks Alice.

Carm Zephyr
    Participant

Hey Deb, Sorry for the late reply. Expecting my harp this coming Friday 🙂 Maybe I should order some spare strings too. Sounds like it’s an essential when you have a new harp 🙂

deb-l
    Participant

yay!

Carm Zephyr
    Participant

Hey Deb, yeh I am so excited! I’ve been biting at the bit for a while now hehe. I can’t wait. I will have nylon strings for the upper so lets hope I won’t have a lot of breakages. We’ll see won’t we. So there’s alot of tuning involved I see. How often should I tune it? and how long before a harp starts to settle in, on average?

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

I hope this is not putting the mockers on yours Carm but our Andrew Thom has never broken a string (nearly 2 years and the originals

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Deb,

I forgot to mention that I also kept a journal, and surprisingly enough most of my broken strings broke at

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies