harpcolumn

Composition for harp (help needed)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Composition for harp (help needed)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Well, with no harpists, there is no one to buy sheet music, I suppose. This is tragic. I would happily go there and teach if the government will support me or a school. But I think I would want to be in Thessaloniki or on an island, not too hot. Even Greek harps and lyres should be played. Magadis, Sambuca, there were many ancient harps.

Mary James
    Participant

Dear friends,

I was reading old threats and accidentally found this. I am from Cyprus and currently learning the harp:) There are harpists in Greece and the harp is taught at music schools in Athens and Thessaloniki, the two major cities. The harpists are not many there, but don’t think that the harp is anyway a popular instrument.

Is good to know that a Greek composer has an interest in composing for harp. Alexandros where are you based? I could give you some names if you still need a harpist in Greece -I know that this was 2 years ago but I thought that you might still have an interest in composing for harp and might need harpists:). Also I was wondering what happened with the piece-which is beautiful by the way. I ‘d love to listen to it-or maybe play it?

All the best to everybody,

Maria

Yes, I found I was misled by a shady character who used to lurk in these forums as to the harp status in Greece.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.