harpcolumn

classical music/hymns for Xmas gig

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists classical music/hymns for Xmas gig

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m posting this in the professional section, but I’d like anyone’s opinion on this.

diana-day
    Participant

Rhett Barnwell has a

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Becky Brock has a nice arrangement of the Pastorale from Handel’s Messiah in her book of solo Christmas music, and Dewey Owens has a couple of pieces that would be appropriate for this, like the Pastorale from the Corelli Christmas Concerto, in his Wedding Music for the Advanced Lever Harpist. Since it’s advent, O Come, O Come Emmanuel would be appropriate. Largo from Winter by Vivaldi (several people, including me, have arranged that one).

tony-morosco
    Participant

Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring is a classical piece by Bach that is heard at Christmas frequently. Sylvia Woods has a nice arrangement for lever harp.

Thanks to A Charley Brown Christmas, Fur Elise has become associated with Christmas as well, and Barbara has a nice arrangement playable on Lever harp in her book Classics on Request Vol 1.

Also Gounod’s Ave Maria is a nice choice. And it happens that it is in Barbara’s Classics on Request Vol 3.

And I

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Darhon Rees- Rohrbacher’s two Christmas books are wonderful. As I recall, there are some pieces in each book that are printed separately, one arrangement for pedal, then the same arrangement for lever.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for writing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies