harpcolumn

Chaconne by Jeremiah Clarke

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Chaconne by Jeremiah Clarke

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    reyesarpa
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I’m in search for the original score of Clarke’s Chaconne.
    I got a copy from some harpist a long time ago, my students love it and one of them wants to perform it at a competition so we need to buy the original score. Do you know what book does it belong to?

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I was curious about this piece so I did a google search. You can find Chaconne on http://www.onlinesheetmusic.com. It sounds almost like Canon in D.

Alison
    Participant

When you say the original score for whatever instruments, I too am curious. My pupils play what I assume is an arrangement for harp in the Classical Harpist book, also with its Welsh title of Y Telynor Clasurol, for players about grade 3 standard. Useful as so much easier than Pachelbel, & just as pleasing.

reyesarpa
    Participant

Thank you for your answers. Yes, I meant to find the book in which this arrangment is edited. For the competition I mentioned they allow the students to play any piece or arrangement they want as long as they buy the printed score instead of using photocopies.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies