harpcolumn

Cat problems

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Cat problems

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

Sea Wolf??…

unknown-user
    Participant

Where to begin…You people have too many cats! It’s not healthy to have more than two. Yes I have seen them climb covers, and Sunita had a cat that loved to sit on top of the column. They want attention. Bark at them and they should go away. An old string is a pretty good toy, and they are tough enough that they can’t eat them. But my cat got tired of it. She didn’t like music very much. I tried to teach her to play, but she just wanted to pluck it with her claws. When I played the piano, she would jump up and sit on the music, or walk across the keyboard. She was so clever. And when the recorder group played, oh did she wail like only a siamese cat can!

Now, don’t start rumors. Salzedo and Grandjany never had a fistfight, ever. Not even a catfight. Here’s an anecdote. When Susann McDonald was giving her debut recital in New York, she had the harp set up facing straight out at the audience. Well, at intermission, as a group, Grandjany, Salzedo and Mildred Dilling walked right up on stage and turned it to an angle, as they all performed. Susann must have been surprised when she walked back on stage. Did she ever know who did it? Does anyone know why Grandjany decided to emigrate to the United States?
    And don’t question your elders about their hours. Us old people have trouble sleeping and find typing on the Harp Column to be oh, so soothing. Sweet dreams.

unknown-user
    Participant

I just want to say that as a late-comer to this conversation (and a comparatively new harp player) that I don’t think that I have ever seen such a funny and good-humoured thread of conversation on any harp website (although I thought that the bit about making your own gut strings went a bit far)……
    I hope that when I submit a question to the forum that I shall receive the same well-considered type of reply…….
    Happy harping to you all, and best wishes from Polly (and Binky the cat) in Canberra, Australia………..

unknown-user
    Participant

A young harp student of mine asked me if the base of my harp ever got dusty. Hers never does because her declawed cat regularly brushes her paws all over it to keep it clean. Some kitties are helpful.

unknown-user
    Participant

Yes, helpful for making economy gut strings.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.