harpcolumn

Carlos Salzedo trios for flute, cello, harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Carlos Salzedo trios for flute, cello, harp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

In looking for music suitable for flute, bassoon and cello, I learned Carlos Salzedo had a flute, cello and harp trio called Trio de Lutèce. Salzedo composed two trios, presumably for his group, titled Lotti and Locatelli. Does any one have the scores or know anything about these two trios. I could find no further information.

He did not compose those, they were transcriptions he made by writing on the scores. They have not been published. His transcription of Debussy’s Children’s Corner Suite has been published. There are other trios published as well, such as a wonderful one by Boris Koutzen.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Thank you for this information, Saul. Mystery solved.

BTW, I found Koutzen’s music catalogue published online by Vassar. I could only find one trio – Trio for Flute, Cello and Harp. It is available at Vanderbilt Music.

There’s also another difficult trio by Wallingford Riegger. Most famously, Salzedo transcribed the Ravel Sonatine. I am sure you can find Ravel’s Pavane for trio.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies