column

Car models for transporting harp?

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Car models for transporting harp?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I’m looking to buy a car and wondered what vehicles some of you use to transport your harp?

I’m looking for a small car that gets good gas milage.

Thank you!

~Danielle

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Depends on the size of the harp. The larger the harp, the more limited your choices (pedal harp compared to lever harp).

I have a L&H 85 CG.

I’m looking at possibly getting a RAV4, but not sure if it would be big enough.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Mercedes E-Class SW : can be an old and inexpensive model and unbeatable for loading large objects.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I have a L&H Style 85 GP that just fits in my Chevy HHR. I’m not certain if Chevy is still making the HHR, though – but it get’s GREAT mileage and is a all-around economical car. Great bang for the buck, but certainly not a luxury car…

brian-noel
    Participant

Do some research and find some station wagons, minivans,

laura-palmieri
    Participant

I just bought a Toyota Matrix…. and I love it! But it’s an older model so I don’t know if the newer models would fit a 23. I fit my 85 CG just fine and comfortably without feeling unsafe in the car. The gas mileage is great and I like the looks of it. I’m a happy college student 🙂

Barbara Henniger
    Participant

I transported my teacher’s L&H Concert Grand from the World Harp Congress in my 2007 Rav 4.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.