harpcolumn

Car models for transporting harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Car models for transporting harp?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I’m looking to buy a car and wondered what vehicles some of you use to transport your harp?

I’m looking for a small car that gets good gas milage.

Thank you!

~Danielle

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Depends on the size of the harp. The larger the harp, the more limited your choices (pedal harp compared to lever harp).

I have a L&H 85 CG.

I’m looking at possibly getting a RAV4, but not sure if it would be big enough.

HBrock25
    Participant

Hi,
    Mercedes E-Class SW : can be an old and inexpensive model and unbeatable for loading large objects.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I have a L&H Style 85 GP that just fits in my Chevy HHR. I’m not certain if Chevy is still making the HHR, though – but it get’s GREAT mileage and is a all-around economical car. Great bang for the buck, but certainly not a luxury car…

brian-noel
    Participant

Do some research and find some station wagons, minivans,

laura-palmieri
    Participant

I just bought a Toyota Matrix…. and I love it! But it’s an older model so I don’t know if the newer models would fit a 23. I fit my 85 CG just fine and comfortably without feeling unsafe in the car. The gas mileage is great and I like the looks of it. I’m a happy college student 🙂

Barbara Henniger
    Participant

I transported my teacher’s L&H Concert Grand from the World Harp Congress in my 2007 Rav 4.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies