harpcolumn

Camac Mini Blue

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Camac Mini Blue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sarafigal
    Participant

Does anyone play a Camac Mini Blue 44? I’m curious about your experience. There aren’t any currently available in my general area to try, as far as I know. I’m curious about how the sound (when played accoustically) might compare with a Salvi Daphne 40.

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hi Sara,

I play a Camac Atlantide Prestige, 47 string harp, and the “Blue” series are almost identical to the Prestige, (and the 44-string Clios) except that the Blue harps have the electric pickups added. I have had experience playing the Mini Blue 44 as well as the other Blues, and they all are fabulous harps. The ones with straight soundboards do not have quite the “presence” of the ones with extended soundboards, when just played accoustically. But once you are “plugged in,” I cannot tell much of a difference. Back to your question, the Camac Mini Blue 44 had much more presence to me than the Salvi Daphne 40 had, playing accoustically. You would have to have a pickup system installed in the Daphne to compare it to the Mini Blue, when amplified.

I hope this is of some help to you. I would prefer the Mini Blue over the Daphne 40, especially with four more strings on the Blue!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

sarafigal
    Participant

Hi Balfour (and Carol Lynn),

Thanks so much for sharing your impressions! Your pitch for the Mini Blue confirms what I hoped to hear. I’m going to enjoy this adventure…

Best regards,
    Sara (Sara Lynn, in fact)

balfour-knight
    Participant

I meant to say “hi, Sara Lynn!” when I posted on your new thread just now.

sarafigal
    Participant

❤️

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies