harpcolumn

Camac Korrigan harps?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Camac Korrigan harps?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I was hoping you folks could help me make an informed decision on purchasing a new harp. A local seller is offering a 38 string, gently used Camac Korrigan for $2,600 with soft case and dolly. It sounds like an intriguing deal, but I am having trouble finding the usual value of these instruments. I’ve heard some great sound clips and have found a number of endorsements for the model in question, but I can’t tell if this is a great deal or not.

Secondly, I play in bands and session work for bands, primarily. I’ve been intrigued by a cross strung harp as a great solution to my needs in terms of using accidentals in my compositions. However, I have only found a few makers of cross-strung and/or chromatic harps and haven’t been as assured of their caliber.

I’m struggling a bit in determining whether to jump on a Camac Korrigan in my price range or hold out for a cross-strung harp, if it might be possible to obtain in a similar range. Any suggestions or input that would help me gain some perspective?

I’d love any advice you have to offer!!

deb-l
    Participant

I have a Korrigan and love it.

jessica-yuen
    Participant

I came cross the same harp last year listed in my city. (Calgary, canada)
    And it was asking for $3200 ( the people paid $5400 cdn back in 2007) I bargain with them for $2800cdn but they replied $3000. I kind of regret I didn’t get it.
    The tone of the camac Korrigan I saw was good, althought there was couple of lever really hard to turn. ( I played the harp only 1 yr.)
    But if there no obvious cosmetic damage, I think it shoud be a good value.
    Jessica

tony-morosco
    Participant

New a Korrigan goes for $3650, so that’s over a thousand off the new price. If it is as described then it is a very good deal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies