column

๎€•

anyone fancy a pair of these

Home Forums Coffee Break anyone fancy a pair of these

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Louis Venus

Woaaaaa!!! bit OTT but fabulous shoes!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Good way to break your ankles.

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Yes, but I suppose if you catch them on something they make a lovely gliss… Not like those old-fashioned clodhoppers the rest of us wear. Sigh. The price of fashion… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Angela Biggs

lol Sherri!

Ha awesome! Where did you find that? Reminds me a bit of Dolce & Gabbanas Fall 2013 collection shoes which feature birdcage wedges and heels..

Also

AANDDD…

kay-lister

LOLOLOL – Hmmmmmm, I might have to try a pair if they come in “Lever Harp” . . . I would hope NOT so tall maybe?

๐Ÿ˜‰ Kay

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

A definite must, the next time I’m out to the grocery store! Thanx for posting Tracey!

Boira

Lol! Do you have to tune them every time you’re going out?

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Yes! One to A415, the other to A440! (shoes gotta match my harps, ya know!!)

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

I put those harp shoes on my Christmas list!!!!!!

Sylvia
    Participant

They would make nice bookends. (sorry, can’t resist…I’m very anti-heels)
    http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health/about-your-health/health-conditions-library/womens-health/Pages/high-heels.aspx

“Extended wear of high heels and continually bending your toes into an unnatural position can cause a range of ailments, from ingrown toenails to irreversible damage to leg tendons. Additionally, cramming your toes into a narrow toe box can cause nerve damage and bunions,” says Dr. Nevins. “High heels have also been linked to overworked or injured leg muscles, osteoarthritis of the knee, plantar fasciitis and low back pain,” she adds.

According to Dr. Nevins, when you wear high heels – shoes with a heel two inches or higher – your foot slides forward in your shoe, forcing the toes into the unnatural shape of the shoe and redistributing your weight incorrectly. The increased weight on your toes causes your body to tilt forward, and to compensate, you lean backwards and overarch your back, creating a posture that can strain your knees, hips, and lower back. “The change to the position of your spine puts pressure on nerves in the back and can cause sciatica, a condition where nerves become trapped, triggering pain and numbness as far down as the feet,” Dr. Nevins adds.

High Heels and Chronic Pain
    Over time, wearing high heels can shorten the muscles in your calves and in your back, leading to pain and muscle spasms. “Any time you wear shoes that restrict the natural shape of your foot, youโ€™re at risk for experiencing pain,” Dr. Nevins points out. According to Dr. Nevins, many women who wear high heels often suffer a shortening of the Achilles tendon because once the heel is pointed upwards, it tightens up. Stretching it again or switching to flats can be very painful; it can even lead to plantar fasciitis. “This tendon is designed to be flexible, so the foot can lie flat or point. With repetitive wear, you can develop unhealthy patterns that can persist even when youโ€™re not wearing high heels,” adds Dr. Nevins.

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Oh, I hear you! (I actually never wear high heels; I tend to wear clogs quite a bit). These were worth the giggle, I needed that! ๐Ÿ™‚ But thanks for posting the info about shoes and foot injury… These things really need to go – into the past. There’s plenty of dressy flats out there to choose from.

Now here’s hoping somebody finds another silly thing out there with a harp on it! Stick a harp on it and you’ve got instant class! ๐Ÿ™‚

Louis Venus

Tracey those shoes are so whacky what will they think of next!!!
    Sylvia I cant stand high heels either and totally agree with you, they are bad for your feet! The drawing just made me chuckle I just had to post it! xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.