any one heard of or played muma harps?

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    unknown-user on #163816

anyone played a muma harp? what has been your experience of the
    quality of the harp and sound?

Participant
    unknown-user on #163817

No, actually I havent-and if no one has ever heard of them, they must not be a succsessful brand- so, I would summize that they are not a good qualilty. (They might be though, this is just my assumption)

Personally, for lever harps, I’d stick with Lyon and Healy. For pedal harps, I think Salvi is the best brand. If you are interested in lap harps, visit http://www.harpanddragon.com.

Hope this helps!

Participant
    alexander-rider on #163818

yes, in fact there web adress is quite simply;www.mumaharps.com, they are very big on cross strung harps. hope this helps!

Participant
    unknown-user on #163819

Hey, popularity doesn’t mean good or successful, any more than obscurity means it’s junk!

Participant
    unknown-user on #163820

I don’t think a harpmaker’s expertise relies on whether you’ve heard of him/her or not.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163821

Jennifer, I heard the sound clips on your web site. I am quite satisfied with the sound of MUMA harps. After reading your heartfelt response as well as Deborah’s response I will definitely be purchasing a MUMA 36 string! Thanks Jennifer and Deborah

Participant
    unknown-user on #163822

I have a Moma harp – the lap harp.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163823

I live in Toronto and my experience with Roger Muma was more than positive.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163824

I have to say that I absolutely love my Roger Muma 36-string harp and have infinite respect for him as a craftsman.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163825

At the small harp tasting at Sommerset this year the Muma harp was one of the ones I thought had the best sound.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163826

Has anyone here tried Roger Muma’s 25-string lap harp in particular? How do they compare with the Dusty Strings harps of a similar size? I’m particularly interested in tone quality.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163827

At Sommerset 2 years ago the Muma harp ranked high in sound quality for me during the small harp tasting.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163828

The first harp I rented was a sweet little Muma harp with detachable legs. I loved it and regret not having bought it. Mr. Muma is a very, very fine maker who stands behind his instruments. I e-mailed him when I thought of buying the little harp I rented and found him to be very helpful and courteous. I would totally reccomend anything he made. Two thumbs up as they say.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.