harpcolumn

any one heard of or played muma harps?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists any one heard of or played muma harps?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

anyone played a muma harp? what has been your experience of the
    quality of the harp and sound?

unknown-user
    Participant

No, actually I havent-and if no one has ever heard of them, they must not be a succsessful brand- so, I would summize that they are not a good qualilty. (They might be though, this is just my assumption)

Personally, for lever harps, I’d stick with Lyon and Healy. For pedal harps, I think Salvi is the best brand. If you are interested in lap harps, visit http://www.harpanddragon.com.

Hope this helps!

alexander-rider
    Participant

yes, in fact there web adress is quite simply;www.mumaharps.com, they are very big on cross strung harps. hope this helps!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey, popularity doesn’t mean good or successful, any more than obscurity means it’s junk!

unknown-user
    Participant

I don’t think a harpmaker’s expertise relies on whether you’ve heard of him/her or not.

unknown-user
    Participant

Jennifer, I heard the sound clips on your web site. I am quite satisfied with the sound of MUMA harps. After reading your heartfelt response as well as Deborah’s response I will definitely be purchasing a MUMA 36 string! Thanks Jennifer and Deborah

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a Moma harp – the lap harp.

unknown-user
    Participant

I live in Toronto and my experience with Roger Muma was more than positive.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have to say that I absolutely love my Roger Muma 36-string harp and have infinite respect for him as a craftsman.

unknown-user
    Participant

At the small harp tasting at Sommerset this year the Muma harp was one of the ones I thought had the best sound.

unknown-user
    Participant

Has anyone here tried Roger Muma’s 25-string lap harp in particular? How do they compare with the Dusty Strings harps of a similar size? I’m particularly interested in tone quality.

unknown-user
    Participant

At Sommerset 2 years ago the Muma harp ranked high in sound quality for me during the small harp tasting.

unknown-user
    Participant

The first harp I rented was a sweet little Muma harp with detachable legs. I loved it and regret not having bought it. Mr. Muma is a very, very fine maker who stands behind his instruments. I e-mailed him when I thought of buying the little harp I rented and found him to be very helpful and courteous. I would totally reccomend anything he made. Two thumbs up as they say.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies