harpcolumn

Any help with what this is please

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Any help with what this is please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joanne oneil
    Participant

Hi everyone I’m looking for some information on the following if anyone can help please. It measures 68 cms at the tallest point feels lightweight I’m not sure what it’s made from and am interested to know, it’s missing a string which I’m not sure is repairable or worth being repaired I’ve been told it could be a curiosity harp or travel harp but that’s all I’ve checked inside for any markings there are none whatsoever so far any advice will be much appreciated as I’m not sure what to do with it thanks so much Joanne

joanne oneil
    Participant

Photo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joanne oneil
    Participant

Photographs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    paul-knoke
    Participant

It appears to have hooks above the guide pins. This is an indication to me that it was never a playable instrument.

Tacye
    Participant

How very odd – it looks like the hooks were intended to change the pitch of two notes (maybe Cs and Fs) by increasing tension above the pins. Definitely unconventional. But the Morley history makes me suspect it was more than an ornament.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies