harpcolumn

American Salute, Morton Gould

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire American Salute, Morton Gould

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    erin-wood
    Participant

Does anyone have the harp part to the orchestral version of American Salute by Morton Gould? It was supposed to be mailed to me but there must have been some kind of mix up and it hasn’t arrived and unfortunately the librarian did not copy the piece. So my rehearsal and concert are tomorrow and the music is lost in the mail somewhere. If anyone can scan and email me at kansasharpist@gmail.com I would be forever grateful!

kreig-kitts

I don’t think I still have a copy. I’ll dig around tonight. At one point it was on sale for download at SheetmusicPlus (and maybe elsewhere), though I could never get their electronic copies to open on either my PC or my Mac.

erin-wood
    Participant

Thank you for the tip! I did find the part on sheet music plus. I didn’t even know they had parts available for download. I can try that and hopefully I can get it to open for me. At least I can see the first page and see that it is very sight readable, so that is a relief.

kreig-kitts

Erin, check your email.

M Rodgers
    Spectator

There is on version that is edited incorrectly. I had it last summer and since I have played the piece a million times I realized the number of measures resting was wrong. I corrected it in the part but this particular version the conductor had a reduced score so when I mentioned it to him, he had no idea when I was to come in anyway…..So, keep an eye out for that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies