harpcolumn

Advice please

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Advice please

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Well, Biagio, I do things like that all the time, especially with my “advanced age,” ha, ha! Suffice it to say, way back in 2011 when I bought my Ravenna, I tried all the lever harps at the Atlanta Harp Center, including the Camacs. For the sound I wanted, particularly as a gigging harp, the Ravenna won the contest! The very resonable price helped, also. The main thing I would have had, though, if it had been available then, would have been the Camac levers. Now, they can be ordered on a Ravenna, which I think really improves the value of this very affordable harp, even with the additional cost of the levers.

Charles, we are always here if you need us. Enjoy that new Telenn with its wonderful solid spruce soundboard!
    Cheers to you and everyone for a very happy 2020!

Best,
    Balfour

Biagio
    Participant

Charles, I have been meaning to mention: there are a couple of other harp forums that are worth your while joining, both on Groups.io. The Harplist has been around a long time and has a very large number of members. The Virtual Harp Circle has a smaller following – around 500 members and is specifically intended to provide resources for beginning “harperists.” Although by now it has a number of professionals and even a couple of harp makers.

Balfour, I find the best thing about senior moments is that after a certain age I don’t really worry about very much:-)

Best wishes to all,
    Biagio

chas.thomason
    Participant

Thank you Biagio, I’ll check out those other forums. Wow I didn’t realise there was so much going on in the ‘harp world’. It’s very exciting and feels much nicer than some of the forums for my other interest…(say it quietly) playing the guitar! I’m loving playing the harp though and my wife is puzzled as to why I don’t pick up any of my guitars, as I’ve not had a day over the past 30 years when I’ve not played them! But there it is…when people ask me now I say ‘I play the harp’!

wil-weten
    Participant

Hi Charles, do you play the classical guitar? I think the Delcamp Classical Guitar Forum at https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ is usually very nice and enlightening too.

chas.thomason
    Participant

Thanks wil-weten I play all kinds of music and I’ll check out that forum.

balfour-knight
    Participant

Good luck, Charles!
    It is always nice to see everyone’s posts here!

Happy 12th Night everyone, and Happy Epiphany!
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by balfour-knight. Reason: maintaining our privacy!
    wil-weten
    Participant

Everybody a happy new year with lots of great harps and harp music.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies