harpcolumn

A buzzy B

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories A buzzy B

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alison
    Participant

I can’t fathom this out – have replaced the string, with a new 5th octave toggle and the problem perpetuates. 3rd B is in flat position – the neighboring A# doesn’t cause stuff elsewhere to buzz. The string’s okay in natural and sharp, but when I tune it between A to Bb it resonates & damn well sings like a mosquito – I didn’t think of doing anything to the button in the soundboard like emery paper/fibre and as it sounded so good when I replaced it last night, I cut the spare off. Huh. Help…….

Kristina Finch
    Participant

Alison, this might sound stupid… but have you taken the instrument to a different location to see if it still buzzes? It’s possible that the pitch might resonate with something in the room and might not be your harp at all! If not this then it might be time to visit a technician. Also, test around on the metal plate on the back of your harp… feel for vibration, it could be coming from inside.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies